Thank you for supporting an independent Danish watch brand. Its our love for the extraordinary machine that drives our concept: recover, recycle, reclaim.
The car that went that extra mile, the bike that made the daring jump, or the plane that flew the impossible mission, each has a story to tell that we want to preserve.
Working with real source material means that your REC watch is a limited experience, true to its original inspiration.
We hope you will enjoy your new timepiece as much as we enjoyed creating it.
- Diameter 41,0 mm
- Lug-to-lug 41,5 mm
- Height 13,6 mm
- Opening diameter 34,0 mm
- Swiss made SELLITA caliber: SW461-1 w. customized rotor, ruthenium anthracite plating & tempered blue screws
- Time (Hours, Minutes & Small Seconds) w. date complication
– Stop second device
– Self-Winding mechanism
– Date with quick setting at 3 o’clock
- Automatic & manual winding
- 31 Jewels
- 41 Hours power reserve
- 28,800 bph. 4Hz
- Accuracy +- 5 sec per day
- Dial with repurposed Mk1A Spitfire X4009 fueselage aluminium integrated at 6 o’clock
- Exhibition caseback
- “Office GMT” rotation bezel with lume marker at 12 o’clock
- Luminescent hands & indexes
- Width (lug): 20 mm
- Width (Folding Clasp): 18 mm
- Length: 125 / 75 mm
- Top glass: Sapphire crystal w. 3 layers of AR Coating
- Caseback glass: Mineral Glass
- Case, Caseback & Crown: 316L Stainless steel
- Strap: Double calf leather strap with stamped inner lining
- Folding Clasp: 316L Stainless Steel
Your new REC watch comes with a water resistance rating of 100 meters(10bar/10ATM). This basically means it is not only resilient to splashes, showers and rain but is also suitable for swimming and shallow snorkelling too. Please be aware the durability and appearance of the strap (ie. leather) may be affected by continuous exposure to water.
Movement Care & Maintenance
Wearing your watch for the first time
Before wearing your new watch for the first time, we recommend fully winding your watch either by manual winding or simply wear the watch for a couple of hours before storing away. In case the movement does not start ticking instantly after winding, we recommend giving the watch a gentle flick by hand – that should do the trick.
The Mechanical movement
Vehicles run on gasoline, our watches run on your energy. What this means is your watch has a Swiss-made all mechanical movement that uses energy from the motion of your wrist. Every time the watch moves, a rotor within the movement rotates and automatically winds the mainspring keeping the watch ticking. When the watch is not worn the mainspring will slowly unwind until the movement comes to a halt, this depends on the hours power reserve – but is typically around 42 hours for the movements used in our watches.
Service and maintenance
In short we recommend that a mechanical movement is serviced around every five years. However if you have any questions or seek assistance in terms of service and maintenance you can reach us easily by email@example.com or at +45 88710890.